Q. What do Mad Science in-school activities involve?
A. Created by a professional team of educators and scientists, Mad Science in-school activities are designed to not only enthuse your pupils but to enrich your curriculum. Our School Workshops, Assemblies and Science Days provide your pupils with the opportunity to participate in an exciting, entertaining and unique experience. Lead by their very own in-class Mad Scientist, children will explore a topic with a mixture of interactive discussions, WOW! demonstrations, hands-on experiments and are actively encouraged to learn by asking questions. Children are left engaged, enthused and excited about science - and, most importantly, happy!
Q. What are the benefits for teachers?
A. Teachers do not always have the time and resources required to prepare interactive science programmes. Mad Science’s experienced instructors come right into the teacher’s classroom with all the equipment, supplies, and staff. Our programmes are fun, educational and focus on real world science and engineering practices that work to reinforce science concepts and methodologies. And all our workshops are designed to meet national curriculum standards.
Q. How do I plan and book a Mad Science Workshop or Science Day?
• Contact your local Mad Science office and make a provisional booking for your preferred date! It is suggested that you make your provisional booking approximately 6 weeks in advance, but we are happy to take bookings a full year in advance.
• Inform us of the number of workshops and/or school assemblies you would like to book and the year groups and exact class numbers involved.
• Mad Science will structure the day for you, ensuring that each class has a workshop and that the day runs smoothly!
• Choose one or a series of workshops and activities from our extensive list of science topics.
• Confirm your booking.
• It’s REALLY that simple!
• On the day of the workshop - Have fun! Let us do the work!!
Q. What are the benefits for students?
A. Children will learn about science by touching, feeling, smelling, seeing and sometimes even tasting their science experiments. We leave students inspired and hungry to learn more. We really do Spark Imaginative Learning!
Q. What if I am a Parent or Organisation, not a Teacher in a School?
A. If your child's school does not yet have Mad Science programming, please talk to your child's teacher or head teacher. Mad Science can always customise programming for your child's school.
Or if your company is interested in sponsoring a Mad Science educational workshop, we invite you to call us today.